Three friends were found dead Friday in a room in the Ringim Local government Area of Jigawa state. There was suspicion that they inhaled generator fume while asleep.
The dead friends were identified as Ali Tajo, Mustapha Murtala and Nasiru Shehu . They all lived in a house, belonging to one of the sons of the Emir of Ringim, Alhaji Mahmoud Sayyadi.
Malam Magaji Tambura, a bricklayer working at the house, said he came to the scene at about 7 a.m. to pick tools that he had used to work the previous day.
He said that when he knocked on the door, there was no response, making neighbours to force the door open to see the dead bodies of the three friends.
“My friend and I were at Syadi’s house to take our working tools but on getting there, we met the door locked which is unusual at that hour.
“We met three of them lying down with their faces down and their mouth foaming and I immediately called their names but none of them responded,” he said.
A resident of the area who gave his name as Ahmed Danlami, expressed shock over the tragedy that had befallen the town.
There was controversy on the cause of death. While one resident suspected inhalation of generator fume overnight, another resident, Adamu Saleh, speculated that the dead young men must have abused drugs before they went to bed, saying that they were suspected to be drug addicts.